Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stephenie Meyer (The Unauthorized Biography of the Creator of the Twilight Saga (Marc Shapiro)

It must be nice to be Marc Sapiro. He apparently makes his living primarily by researching a celebrity on the internet and then writing a short book / long term paper about them. I could get used to that.

This book doesn't really give much insight into Meyer, since it is based mostly on online "interviews" and research. Some primary research was conducted I guess - I think that a few people who peripherally knew her - like a college writing professor and a member of a band she liked were interviewed.

The chapter on Forks was kind of interesting and since I am not a huge Twilight fanatic (contrary to the theme you've seen in my current posts, eh?) I didn't know a lot of what was summarized here. That said, I don't really feel like I know that much more about Meyer than I did before.

The really ironic thing was that the author kept pointing out that the media just spent their time asking her questions about the book's inspiration (a dream she had, which I did know before reading this) and about her plans to continue the Twilight saga, but he does the same thing.

Wouldn't recommend except for the biggest fan geeks :-) D

No comments: