Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Blind Side

Not a bad book. A lot of football description (very technical) which I surprised myself by liking. I also, of course, love the idea of the kid with no support and a spotty background making it in the big time... Michael Oher's story is definitely one that I would love to see happen to more inner-city kids.

Maybe it's because I am a foster parent, but I didn't see what the Touhy's did as a big sacrifice, and I couldn't help but wonder if some of the doubters (who thought they mentored Michael so he could play football for Ole Miss) were on to something. I don't REALLY believe that, but it is an interesting angle.

Will probably watch the movie now. If I can suffer through what previews suggest is a VERY annoying accent on the part of Sandra Bullock.

No comments: