Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Woods (Harlan Coben)

Another recommendation from PB - he listened to it first and thought I would like it.

This has got to be one of the most well-written books I've ever... listened to. In fact, it's so good that I kind of wish I had read it because for whatever reason I think I might have liked it better. Who knows if I really would have?

Anyway, there is too much detail and well-crafted storytelling to even attempt a synopsis, but the book centers around a DA whose sister disappeared as a teenager at summer camp. A victim of a serial killer working at the camp, with two bodies and her bloody clothing found. An interesting subplot involves his father and a rape case that he was currently trying. A lot of discussion of parents and protection and what we do for our children. Highly recommended. A.

No comments: