Friday, January 25, 2008

Bright Lights, Big Ass (Jen Lancaster)

I really liked Bitter is the New Black. Jen Lancaster is just flat out hysterical and laugh out loud funny, which is something I really do when reading.

But I didn't like this book as much. Don't get me wrong - there were still unbelievably funny, LOL moments, but in this book it seemed like more of them were cringe worthy - mean spirited and snarky for the sake of being snarky.

I can only guess that this is because there can only be so much funniness in one life and now she's doing stuff so she can write about it later - not that that's what she's doing, but that's what this book felt like.

There was also more of her politics in this one, which is fine, but personally offputting for me.

But I guess the damned funny parts were worth it.

No comments: