Monday, December 17, 2007

TBR Challenge

So I found this thing online and I think I am going to try it. I don't have a physical stack of TBR books because I usually read books from the library (not a big rereader) but I do have a virtual stack of books so I'm going to pick some books from there.

Amanda's 2008 TRB CHALLENGE LIST

Birthmothers (Merry Bloch Jones)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone(JK Rowlings)
Primal Wound (Nancy Verrier)
Rebecca (Daphne Du Maurier )
The Golden Compass (Phillip Pullman)
Atonement (Ian McEwan)
Women in Love (D.H. Lawrence)
The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini) - this one's for PB
On Writing - (Stephen King)
Native Tongue (Suzette Hayden Elgin)
The Abstinence Teacher (Tom Perrotta)
The Surrogate (Judith Henry Wall)

Alternates
Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk) also for PB

I tried to mix up some nonfiction adoption stuff I want / need to read, some fiction (which I love) and some classics that I ought to finally get to. We'll see

1 comment:

MizB said...

Glad you'll be joining in on the TBR Challenge!

I see you have some re-reads listed in your Alternates list... Just so you know, in order for it to "count" towards the challenge, the books you read can't be re-reads. That was a group decision last year, and is mentioned in the Challenge FAQs section. ;o)

Thanks! And, happy reading! :D