Sunday, May 20, 2007

No time...

Books I've read recently but not had the time to post about:

Citizen Girl by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus: these are the authors of the Nanny Diaries. I liked the book. I think it had a lot to say about feminism that I really haven't had time to process.

Rattled by Debra Galant: OKish. I finished it because I find it very hard to not finish a book once I've started it. Interesting environmental themes and a good portrait of an obsessive SAHM.

Peyton Place by Grace Metalious: Loved it, loved it, loved it. Can't believe I just now got around to reading it.

The Second Assistant by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare: Loved this one too - hysterical account of a second assistant to a hollywood producer. I suspect a little reasearch would reveal which agency and which stars the author loosely veils in the novel. Too bad I don't have time to actually do that research, huh?